DUBLIN, Ireland: Some 70 percent of working people in Ireland said they will remain in their current jobs for at least two years, according to a survey conducted by global consultancy WTW.
The research, called the 2022 Attraction and Retention, was carried out during December 2021 and January 2022. Those surveyed included 828 employees throughout Ireland working for large and midsize private companies.
While 70 percent of those questioned said they will remain in their current jobs, the remaining 30 percent said they are open to change.
Among those questioned, 50 percent said pay and 37 percent said job security were key to attracting and retaining talent. Also, 32 percent said flexible work arrangements were important factors in determining whether to stay on a job.
Additionally, employees in Ireland who said their employers had sought to support them during the pandemic are more likely to remain in their positions.
Of note, 59 percent of employees in Ireland felt supported by their employers over the last two years, while only 16 percent said they had not been supported by their employers.
Survey results also indicated the role played in receiving good benefits, which proved critical in employees choosing to stay on their jobs.
Those surveyed said the most important benefits included retirement, which was considered the number one benefit. This is followed by flexible work, at 40 percent, health (34 percent) and career (29 percent).
"More and more we are seeing retirement and flexibility cited as key drivers of career satisfaction for workers in Ireland in their quest for career satisfaction. We know from our research that these concerns play a critical role in creating an experience for employees that is both differentiated and attractive. Employers must look to the strength of their overall packages in relation to the needs of their staff," noted Sarah McDonough of WTW.