What to Do Before You Start Using TurboTax to Find Your W2
If you're planning to use TurboTax w2 finder, there are a few things you should do before getting started:
- Gather your personal information: Before you begin, make sure you have all of the necessary personal information, including your Social Security number, name, and address. This will ensure that you can quickly and easily access your W2 form.
- Check your email: If you opted for electronic delivery of your W2, check your email inbox and spam folder to see if it's already there. Sometimes, companies send W2s via email, so you may be able to find it without using TurboTax.
- Contact your employer: If you haven't received your W2 yet, reach out to your employer and ask when you can expect it. Make sure they have your correct mailing address and contact information.
- Determine if you need to file: Not everyone needs to file a tax return, so it's important to determine if you're required to do so. You can use the IRS's Interactive Tax Assistant to find out if you need to file.
- Choose the right TurboTax version: TurboTax offers a variety of versions, so make sure you choose the one that's best for you. For example, if you're a freelancer, you'll want to use the self-employed version, while if you're a student, you may be able to use the free version.
By taking these steps before using TurboTax to find your W2, you can ensure a smooth and successful tax-filing process.
How to Find Your W2 in TurboTax
To find your W2 in TurboTax, follow these steps:
- Log in to your TurboTax account and select the year for which you need the W2.
- Click on the "Federal" tab in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Click on the "Wages & Income" tab.
- Look for the section labeled "Employment Income" and select "Edit/Add" next to the employer for which you need the W2.
- If you've already entered your W2 information into TurboTax, it should appear here. If not, select "Enter Wages and Income Yourself" and enter the information from your W2.
- If you have multiple W2s, repeat steps 4 and 5 for each one.
- Once you've entered all of your W2 information, click "Continue" and TurboTax will calculate your taxes for you.
If you have any trouble finding or entering your W2 information, TurboTax offers a comprehensive help center and customer support options to assist you.
What to Do if You Still Can't Find Your W2
If you've tried using TurboTax to find your W2 but are still unable to locate it, here are some steps you can take:
- Contact your employer: Reach out to your employer and ask for a copy of your W2. If you're unable to get in touch with them or they're unable to provide you with a copy, you can request a copy from the IRS.
- Request a copy from the IRS: You can request a copy of your W2 directly from the IRS by filing Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return. This form allows you to request a copy of your W2 for free, although it can take several weeks to receive it.
- Use an online W2 retrieval service: There are several online services that can help you retrieve your W2, such as the National Tax Records Retrieval Service or the Social Security Administration's Wage and Income Transcript. Some of these services may charge a fee.
- Estimate your income: If you're unable to obtain a copy of your W2, you can estimate your income using your last pay stub from the year in question. However, this method may not be as accurate as using your actual W2 finder.
It's important to note that you still need to file your taxes by the deadline, even if you haven't received your W2 yet. You can use Form 4852, Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, to estimate your income if you're unable to obtain a copy of your W2 by the filing deadline.
How to Reach Out for Help on the TurboTax Platform
If you need help on the TurboTax platform, there are several ways to get in touch with customer support:
- Help Center: TurboTax offers a comprehensive Help Center that can answer many common questions. You can access the Help Center by clicking on the "Help" button in the upper-right corner of the TurboTax screen.
- TurboTax Live: TurboTax offers a paid service called TurboTax Live, which provides access to live tax experts. You can use this service to get personalized advice and support from a tax expert via chat or video call.
- Community: TurboTax also has a community forum where you can ask and answer questions from other users. You can access the community forum by clicking on the "Community" button in the upper-right corner of the TurboTax screen.
- Phone support: If you prefer to speak with a customer support representative, TurboTax offers phone support. You can find the phone number for customer support by clicking on the "Help" button in the upper-right corner of the TurboTax screen and selecting "Contact us."
It's important to note that some of these options, such as TurboTax Live and phone support, may require a fee. However, the Help Center and community forum are both free resources that can provide valuable support and information.